Effective Team Building and Leadership Skills
$49.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the importance of team building and the role of a team in modern organizations. It first discusses the necessity of diversity of perspective within the workforce and the specialization of tasks. The paper then focuses on the managerial and leadership skills necessary in order to build an effective team within a modern organization.
From the Paper:"When the manager feels they are in a rut, the best thing they may be able do as a leader is seek the advice of their subordinates. Give the subordinates the chance to contribute to the risk management process. Subordinate employees today all appreciate having their input consulted, and they may often be the best mediators in the conflict resolution process, and certainly are valuable resources when the manager may feel momentarily at a loss. The key to effective and empowering managing is not to dominate employees, but to rely on those subordinate and team members. The best leader I this day and age will also be a follower. The ability to delegate responsibility, or give up total authority, is an essential ability of the empowering manager in this day and age. The employee or subordinates are autonomous, and can effectively contribute their feedback to the team setting. Ultimately, empowering employees is the best thing a leader can do as a manager can do in this day and age."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Del Bel Belluz, Diana. "The secret weapon for ERM implementation: training team members in risk management is not enough. The successful risk officer takes on the role of coach: building the right team and passionately exhorting members to do their utmost.(RISK MANAGEMENT)." Risk & Insurance 19.7 (June 2008): 66(2).
- Leadership Development and Organizational Counseling. (2008): http://www.teamleadership.com/corporate/organizational/
- Management and Leadership Development. (2008): http://www.lynnreedassociates.com/management_&_leadership_development.htm
- Successful Team Leadership to Motivate, Inspire and Achieve. (2008): http://www.c4cm.com/generalmanagement/leadership.htm
- Team Building. (2008): http://www.orcmacro.com/Management/Training/tb.aspx
Cite this Term Paper:
Effective Team Building and Leadership Skills (2010, May 10) Retrieved July 29, 2014, from http://www.academon.com/term-paper/effective-team-building-and-leadership-skills-119587/
"Effective Team Building and Leadership Skills" 10 May 2010. Web. 29 July. 2014. <http://www.academon.com/term-paper/effective-team-building-and-leadership-skills-119587/>