Fox Television Network
$49.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper examines Fox Television Network and compares it to the three major networks in broadcast television, ABC, CBS and NBC. This network has produced a number of shows that have made television history. The paper looks at the history behind the formation of the network in 1986 by Rupert Murdoch, whose intention was to form an independent television network to compete with the three major networks, and the story behind its success. The paper also discusses Rupert Murdoch's background and his media company, Fox Corporation. Criticisms of Fox News Network and the Fox News Channel are also mentioned. The paper concludes that the network has a reach almost as great as the other three networks in terms of the amount of the country served and is certainly ahead of the smaller networks.
From the Paper:" The Fox Television Network is often simply referred to as Fox, and the company and related companies are owned by the Fox Entertainment Group as part of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation. The network was launched in 1986 and has produced and shown a number of series since that time. The network took a long time to achieve sufficient standing to be considered a threat to the three major networks, meaning ABC, CBS, and NBC. Since the launch of Fox, two other national broadcast networks have been launched, UPN and the WB, or Warner Bros. Network. These companies are competing for audience and advertisers at the same time as broadcast television is losing audience to cable and other media, and many are uncertain of how long broadcast television will continue in its present form or what form it might take in the future."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Diller, Barry." Museum of Broadcast Communications (2005). November 29, 2005. http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/D/htmlD/dillerbarry/dillerbarry.htm.
- "Fox Broadcasting Company." 2005. November 29, 2005. http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Fox_Broadcasting_Company.
- Goldsborough, James. "Fox News: The 'Official" Government News Network." Independent Media TV (15 July 2004). November 29, 2005. http://www.independent-media.tv/item.cfm?fmedia_id=8177&fcategory_desc=Fox%20News,%2024hr%20Republican%20Network.
- "Rupert Murdoch Biography - Profile." Woopidoo! (2005). November 29, 2005. http://www.woopidoo.com/biography/rupert-murdoch.htm.
- "Station History." Fox Chicago (2005). November 29, 2005. http://www.foxchicago.com/_ezpost/data/11372.shtml.
Cite this Research Paper:
Fox Television Network (2006, December 25) Retrieved May 19, 2013, from http://www.academon.com/research-paper/fox-television-network-91235/
"Fox Television Network" 25 December 2006. Web. 19 May. 2013. <http://www.academon.com/research-paper/fox-television-network-91235/>