Embryonic Stem Cell Research
$29.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this paper, the author cites reasons for embryonic stem cell research to be practiced in the United States. The author points out the benefits of stem cell research in curing serious illnesses and conditions. Also discussed are the positive outcomes of stem cell procedures in other countries. The author concludes that the US government's decision not to pursue stem cell research hinders progress in medical research.
From the Paper:"Embryonic stem cell research is the research of cells extracted from the embryonic stem to be manipulated into specialized cells. Stem cells can be acquired from embryos and still born fetuses. Today, scientists hope that embryonic stem cells can cure many serious diseases that plague our world. This has convinced me that this type of stem cell research should be allowed in the United States."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Holland, Suzanne and Lebacqz, Karen and Zoloth, Laurie. The Human Embryonic Stem Cell Debate: science, ethics, and public policy, QuarkXPress, 2001 Page number 9
- http://www.isscr.org/ (12-09-04) "International Society for Stem Cell Research"
- http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=76877 (12-10-04) "Liberty post"
- Munson, Ronald. Raising the Dead, Oxford University press, 2002 page numbers 246 and 249
- http://www.religioustolerance.org/res_stem.htm (12-09-04) "Religious Tolerance"
Cite this Research Paper:
Embryonic Stem Cell Research (2007, March 21) Retrieved May 22, 2013, from http://www.academon.com/research-paper/embryonic-stem-cell-research-93550/
"Embryonic Stem Cell Research" 21 March 2007. Web. 22 May. 2013. <http://www.academon.com/research-paper/embryonic-stem-cell-research-93550/>