$49.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The purpose of this paper is to introduce, discuss, and analyze the topic of surrogate motherhood. Specifically the author discusses the reasons why women choose to become surrogate mothers. The paper touches on the conflicting viewpoints on this issue including why some women choose to become surrogate mothers simply for the fees involved. However, the author also argues that there are other surrogates who do it because they truly care about childless couples. The paper stresses that surrogacy may not be for every woman, but there are very valid reasons to support surrogate motherhood, including giving childless couples a chance at parenthood.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Aigen, Dr. Betsy P. "Motivations of Surrogate Mothers." Surrogacy.com. 1996. 13 May 2008. <http://www.surrogacy.com/psychres/article/motivat.html>
- Dooley, Dolores, Joan McCarthy, Tina Garanis-Papadatos, and Panagiota Dalla-Yorgia. Ethics of New Reproductive Technologies: Cases and Questions. New York: Berghahn Books, 2003.
- Levinson, Ralph, and Michael J. Reiss, eds. Key Issues in Bioethics: A Guide for Teachers. New York: RoutledgeFalmer, 2003.
- Litz, Steven. "Approximate Expenses." SurrogateMothers.com. 2004. 13 May 2008. <http://www.surrogatemothers.com/expense.html>
- Sather, Trevor, ed. Pros and Cons: A Debater's Handbook. London: Routledge, 1999.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Surrogate Mothers (2009, February 24) Retrieved May 23, 2017, from http://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/surrogate-mothers-112446/
"Surrogate Mothers" 24 February 2009. Web. 23 May. 2017. <http://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/surrogate-mothers-112446/>