$29.95 $9.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses Madagascar's Atsinanana Rain Forest, home to some of the most diverse and unique plants and animals on the planet. The writer briefly describes Madagascar's geological formation, and the lemurs, one of its distinctive species, before explaining how this ecosystem is being threatened by unauthorized cutting of the rain forest for industrial and commercial purposes. The efforts of the Madagascar government, with support from Unesco and tourism, to protect the rain forest are described, and the paper concludes by summing up programs and ways in which the global community can and should intervene in order to ensure that Madagascar's rain forest will continue to flourish in the future.
From the Paper:"Lemur habitats are confined to the island of Madagascar, due to the unique nature of the ecosystem of the rain forest, and this is the only place in the world that they occur. They are of increased significance because they are the earliest and most important group of primates, containing the most fundamental characteristics of the primate that still exist on earth. They continue to evolve as well, as research points out that three new lemur species have developed on Madagascar."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Inscribed on UNESCO World Heritage List." 8/20/07: http://www.maximsnews.com/107mnunaugust20unescositesworldheritagelist.htm
- "Madagascar's Atsinanana rainforest is world heritage." http://www.afrol.com/articles/25915
- "Madagascar to curb illegal logging." 2007: http://www.afrol.com/articles/15348
- "Madagascar to triple areas under protection." 16 September 2007 http://www.afrol.com/articles/10695
- "Rain Forest of the Atsinanana." 2007: http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1257/
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Saving the Rainforests of Atsinanana (2010, March 29) Retrieved December 13, 2013, from http://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/saving-the-rainforests-of-atsinanana-119067/
"Saving the Rainforests of Atsinanana" 29 March 2010. Web. 13 December. 2013. <http://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/saving-the-rainforests-of-atsinanana-119067/>