$29.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper addresses the problem of racial inequality with the provision of several literature reviews. The paper looks at the controversies among white Americans and African Americans and discusses possible ways to encourage further decreases in disparity in the future. The paper suggests that policy changes might be a good solution but maintains that the goal of racial equality will remain an ongoing struggle within the United States and around the world.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Allen, Robert. Black Awakening In Capitalist America: An Analytic History. Trenton, NJ: African World Press, 1993
- _________. "Past Due: The African American Quest for Reparations." Black Scholar, 28.2 (1998): 2-17
- America, Richard. "The Theory of Restitution." A Different Vision: Race and Public Policy. Ed. T.D. Boston.. London: Routledge, 1997. 154-162
- Darrity, Jr. William and Dania Frank. "Economics of Reparations." American Economic Review, 93.2. (2003) 334-337
- Freeman, Lance and Darrick Hammilton. "The changing determinants of inter-racial home ownership disparities: New York City in the 1990s." Housing Studies 19.2: (2004). 301-323.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Racial Equality (2009, January 28) Retrieved February 21, 2017, from http://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/racial-equality-111707/
"Racial Equality" 28 January 2009. Web. 21 February. 2017. <http://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/racial-equality-111707/>