High School Dropout Rate
This paper discusses the importance of extracurricular activities for the healthy development of high school students and for preventing high school dropouts.
# 107328 | 1,309 words | 11 sources | APA | 2008 |
Published on Sep 01, 2008 in Education (Curriculum) , Education (Education Psychology) , Education (Theory) , Child, Youth Issues (Teen, Adult Issues)
$29.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer maintains that extracurricular activities are found to be vitally important for the healthy development of high school students and in arresting dropouts. The writer discusses that by creating appropriate, engaging, and entertaining extra curricular activities and by involving all the students, schools could not only expect to increase the learning outcomes of all the students, but also make children enjoy the learning process. The writer concludes that there is also a definitely positive correlation between extracurricular activities and retention and academic performance.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Alexa Lamm, Amy Harder, Dennis Lamm, Herb Rose & Glen Rask, (August 2005), 'Risk Factors Affecting High School Drop Out Rates and 4-H Teen Program Planning', Journal of Extension, Volume 43 Number 4, Retrieved on June 7th 2007, from, http://www.joe.org/joe/2005august/rb6.shtml
- United Health Foundation, 'High School Graduation', retrieved on June 7th 2007, from, http://www.unitedhealthfoundation.org/shr2005/components/hsgrad.html
- Mahoney, J.L., & Cairns, R.B. (1997). "Do extracurricular activities protect against early school dropout?" Developmental Psychology, 33(2), 241-253.
- Alspaugh (1998), Achievement Loss Associated With the Transition to Middle school and High School, The Journal of Educational Research, 92, 20-25.
- Zill N, Nord CW, Loomis LS. 'Adolescent time use, risky behaviour and outcomes: an analysis of national data. Sep 1995. Retrieved on June 7th 2007, from, http://www.aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/cyp/xstimuse.htm
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
High School Dropout Rate (2008, September 01) Retrieved April 24, 2017, from http://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/high-school-dropout-rate-107328/
"High School Dropout Rate" 01 September 2008. Web. 24 April. 2017. <http://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/high-school-dropout-rate-107328/>