$29.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper asserts that why bottled water has become such a successful product is truly a marketing mystery. The paper reveals that 40% of bottled water brands are just tap water! The paper then explains the conveniences involved in consuming bottled water. The paper discusses how the bottled water industry has a tremendous effect on fuel consumption. The paper maintains that we must create a cleaner environment by using water filters and similar alternatives to bottled water.
From the Paper:"Why bottled water has become such a successful product is truly a marketing mystery. It may be because the water is packaged in a nice neat plastic container that makes consumers believe that it is from some "magical" source that is pure and unique, unlike the tap water they drink daily. In fact, studies have shown that tap water is much more pure than many brands of bottled water, exclusive of those that contain only tap water, which may be as many as 40% brands (Food and Water Watch, 2007). Furthermore, many consumers believe that this "magical" water has certain health benefits, which as of yet has not been proven."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Arnold, Emily, and Larsen, Janet (2006). Bottled Water: Pouring Resources Down the Drain. Earth Policy Institute. Retrieved on September 3, 2007, from http://www.earth-policy.org/Updates/2006/Update51.htm.
- Economist. Bottled Convenience. Retrieved on September 2, 2007, from http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2007/07/bottled_convenience.cfm.
- Food and Water Watch (2007). Bottled Water is a Waste of Money. Retrieved on September 5, 2007, from http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/water/bottled.
- Give Up Bottled Water to Save Planet, London Told (2007, Jul 12). The Evening Standard, p. 8.
- Karp, Gregory (2006). Low-Cost Alternatives to Bottled Water Are Plentiful. Chicago Tribune. Retrieved on September 3, 2007, from yourmoney/sns-yourmoney-0917spending,1,1984943.story?coll=chi-news-hed.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Bottled Water (2008, January 28) Retrieved August 02, 2015, from http://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/bottled-water-100743/
"Bottled Water" 28 January 2008. Web. 02 August. 2015. <http://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/bottled-water-100743/>