Terrorist Organizations in Spain and the UK
$29.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper looks at the effects of the United Kingdom's Irish Republican Army (IRA), and Spain's violent and dangerous separatists known as the ETA (Euskadi Ta Askatasuna). The paper examines the political tactics used by Spain and the United Kingdom to defend their populations from terrorist activity. The paper points out that Spain's tactics seem a great deal more effective in their ability to prevent attacks.
From the Paper:"Every government each has their own problems to deal with, whether they are corruption, gangs, or overall crime. For the governments of the United Kingdom and Spain, these problems include having to deal with their own unusual variety of terrorist organizations. The United Kingdom has long struggled to control the Irish Republican Army (IRA), while Spain has been greatly affected by their own form of violent and dangerous separatists known as the ETA (Euskadi Ta Askatasuna). Each of these governments has implemented political and legal strategies to discourage the violent activity of these organizations and keep their citizens safe from local strife."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Basque Fatherland and Liberty (ETA)". Council on Foreign Relations: March 2006. http://www.cfr.org/publication/9271/
- "ETA". Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ETA.
- "Provisional Irish Republican Army". Council on Foreign Relations: November 2005. http://www.cfr.org/publication/9240/.
- "Provisional Irish Republican Army". Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisional_IRA
- Spain Domestic Policy". Encyclopedia of the Nations. http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/World-Leaders-2003/Spain-DOMESTIC-POLICY.html
Cite this Comparison Essay:
Terrorist Organizations in Spain and the UK (2010, April 05) Retrieved October 08, 2015, from http://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/terrorist-organizations-in-spain-and-the-uk-119143/
"Terrorist Organizations in Spain and the UK" 05 April 2010. Web. 08 October. 2015. <http://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/terrorist-organizations-in-spain-and-the-uk-119143/>