GAAS Standards vs. GAGAS Standards
$29.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the different methods of accounting that are being adopted to be used in both the public as well as private sectors. It particularly focuses on generally accepted auditing standards -- GAAS and the generally accepted government auditing standards -- GAGAS. The paper discusses each method and compares their use in private and public sectors.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Accounting an Auditing Standards. <http://www.adb.org/Documents/Books/Diagnostic_Study_Accounting_Auditing/RMI/chap_04.pdf>
- Broadus, William A. GAAS vs GAGAS: how to report on internal controls. Journal of Accountancy, February 1990, vol. 17, no. 1, pp: 6-10.
- Generally Accepted Auditing Standards. <http://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gaas.asp>
- Riahi-Belkaoui, Ahmed. Morality in Accounting. Quorum Books. 1992.
- RPF Guide. The Georgia Deptt of Audit & Accounts. 2003. <https://www.audits.state.ga.us/internet/nalgad/rfpguide.html>
Cite this Comparison Essay:
GAAS Standards vs. GAGAS Standards (2008, December 23) Retrieved May 25, 2016, from http://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/gaas-standards-vs-gagas-standards-110442/
"GAAS Standards vs. GAGAS Standards" 23 December 2008. Web. 25 May. 2016. <http://www.academon.com/comparison-essay/gaas-standards-vs-gagas-standards-110442/>