$39.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper presents an overview of the easyCar.com company, the rental car industry and the rental car market. The paper analyzes the competition in the market and looks at easyCar.com's business model. The paper studies easyCar.com's generic business strategy and provides a SWOT analysis of the company.
From the Paper:"The rental car industry in Europe is one of the globe's largest rental car markets. The overall European rental car industry grew by 4% as recently as 2004 and realized revenues in excess of $8 billion of which the German rental car market proved the largest of Europe's internal markets with more than $2 billion in total revenues for 2004 ("Rental"). Europe, because of its many internal markets that are well-defined by national borders, has many rental car industry competitors. Some of the most significant are Avis, Europcar, and Hertz which are also major international competitors in the industry (Lawrence C163). Yet, the complexion of the rental car industry in Europe is made more complex by the sheer number and variety of rental car competitors across the industry as a whole. In Germany alone, there were, at one time, more than 700 small rental car companies competing for a limited number of customers (Lawrence C-164)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Avis Europe, PLC SWOT Analysis." Datamonitor, Apr.(2006): 1-8.
- Barrell, R., & Davis, E. P. "Policy Design and Macroeconomic Stability in Europe." National Institute Economic Review, 191(2005): 94+.
- "Globalization: Threat or Opportunity for the U.S. Economy." FRBSF Economic Letter, 12/1(2004).
- Lawrence, J. "easyCar.com", Crafting Strategy in Single-Business Companies.
- Proctor, T. (2000). Strategic marketing: An introduction. London: Routledge.
Cite this Case Study:
easyCar.com (2008, February 27) Retrieved March 23, 2017, from http://www.academon.com/case-study/easycar-com-101571/
"easyCar.com" 27 February 2008. Web. 23 March. 2017. <http://www.academon.com/case-study/easycar-com-101571/>