Writing a Successful Narrative
$49.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer introduces, discusses and analyzes the topic of writing fiction. Specifically the writer discusses six techniques for writing a successful narrative, applying these techniques to the short story 'Two Ways of Seeing a River' by Mark Twain. The writer notes that writing a successful narrative depends on several key factors, including a detailed description, a compelling opening, and dramatic action. The writer maintains that by following these techniques, just about anyone can write a successful and compelling narrative. The writer concludes that writing a successful narrative is easier when the writer understands the key techniques that make a narrative compelling and readable. These elements of the narrative are common to all good narratives and include rich and sensory details, a logical progression of events and a basic understanding of literature and literary techniques.
Sample of Sources Used:
- DeSoto, M. (2005). Writing a narrative essay. Retrieved 19 Jan. 2008 from the Glendale Community College Web site: http://glory.gc.maricopa.edu/~mdesoto/101online_new/assignment3writing.htm
- Editors. (2008). Writing activities: Narrative. Retrieved 19 Jan. 2008 from the Holt, Rinehart and Winston Web site: http://my.hrw.com/support/hos/hostwritingactivities4/hostswritingact4_narr4.html
- How to write a narrative. (2008). Retrieved 19 Jan. 2008 from the Northern Illinois University Web site: http://www.engl.niu.edu/wac/narr_how.html
- Montgomery, J. K., & Kahn, N. L. (2003). You are going to be an author: Adolescent narratives as intervention. Communication Disorders Quarterly, 24(3), 143+.
- Twain, M. (2008). Two ways of seeing a river. Retrieved 19 Jan. 2008 from the About.com Web site: http://grammar.about.com/od/60essays/a/twowaysessay.htm
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Writing a Successful Narrative (2008, December 24) Retrieved October 20, 2014, from http://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/writing-a-successful-narrative-110494/
"Writing a Successful Narrative" 24 December 2008. Web. 20 October. 2014. <http://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/writing-a-successful-narrative-110494/>