An explanation of the relationship between the impact of current demand for home health care in the United States and the economic variables of cost, access and supply for the medical service that is provided to the patients.
# 146195 | 924 words | 7 sources | APA | 2010 |
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper explains that, when it comes to the different health care products and services that are within the health care industry, there are many factors that contribute to the demand and supply of each product or service. The paper also discusses that, depending on the situation, there are a diverse amount of things that can affect the supply and demand. Additionally, the paper illustrates the relationship between the impact of current demand for home health care in the United States and the economic variables of cost, access and supply for the medical service that is provided to the patients.
Perspective and Rationale
Perspective and Rationale
From the Paper:"In order to continue with providing home health care to patients, every medical school needs to incorporate education in home health care. This is essential for all medical students, no matter what part of the health care industry they are specializing in. It is important that every medical professional understands the treatment that needs to be provided, the quality of care that needs to be given to both the patient and the caregiver and how to handle any implications that might come about while providing the home health care."
Sample of Sources Used:
- AARP Global Network. (August 12, 2010). "Home healthcare workers are a growing demand". Retrieved online on December 16, 2010 from https://www.aarpglobalnetwork.org/netzine/Industry%20News/ProductsandServices/Glob
- Ackerman, K. (December 10, 2010). "Home Health Technology Could Ease Strain on Health Care System." Retrieved online on December 16, 2010 from http://www.ihealthbeat.org/features/2010/home-health-technology-could-ease-strain-on-h
- Encyclopedia of Surgery (2010). "Home Care". Retrieved online on December 16, 2010 from http://www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/Fi-La/Home-Care.html
- Kadushin, G., Egan, M. (August 1, 2001). "Ethical Dilemmas in Home Health Care: A Social Work Perspective." Retrieved online on December 16, 2010 from http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-78400909.html
- Singer, P. (July 30, 1989). "Demand Grows for Health Care at Home." The New York Times. Retrieved online on December 16, 2010 from http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=950DE5DD1E3BF933A057
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Demand versus Supply in Health Care (2010, December 21) Retrieved November 24, 2014, from http://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/demand-versus-supply-in-health-care-146195/
"Demand versus Supply in Health Care" 21 December 2010. Web. 24 November. 2014. <http://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/demand-versus-supply-in-health-care-146195/>