$29.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses the competitive MP3 market and reveals that Apple's strategy of diversification has been one of its greatest strengths that set it apart from the original downloadable pioneer, Napster. The paper asserts that Apple CEO, Steve Jobs, has shown a competitive edge in diversifying his company far beyond its original sphere of computer expertise. The paper notes several potential concerns facing the Apple Company but concludes that at present the company's financial portfolio reflects none of these concerns and may very well continue to grow.
From the Paper:"Once it was hard to imagine any company threatening the unparalleled market standing of mighty Microsoft--but the Apple Corporation, the brainchild of Steve Jobs, has accomplished this impressive feat. Despite the recent downturn in the American economy, Apple's revenues have been stronger than many company's wildest dreams. According to Apple's April 23, 2008 Second Quarter Results, which ended March 29, 2008, the Apple Company netted $7.51 billion, or a net quarterly profit of $1.05 billion, at $1.16 per diluted share. These results compare to Apple's revenue of $5.26 billion and net quarterly profit of $770 million or $.87 per diluted share in the same quarter only a year ago. In 2007, company sales were up 24%, company earnings were up 75%, and the stock price skyrocketed 146%."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "About Napster." (2008). Company Information. Retrieved 3 May 2008 at http://www.napster.com/about_napster.html
- "April 23, 2008 Second Quarter Results." (2008). Apple: Investor relations. Retrieved 3 May 2008 at http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2008/04/23results.html
- "Annual Report." (2007). Apple: Investor Relations. Retrieved 3 May 2008 athttp://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/10/107357/reports/AAPL_10K_FY07.pdf
- "Annual Report." (2007). Napster: Investor Relations. Retrieved 3 May 2008 athttp://investor.napster.com/downloads.cfm
- "Chris Georg." (2008). Napster: Management. Retrieved 3 May 2008 athttp://investor.napster.com/management.cfm
Cite this Analytical Essay:
Apple's Diversification (2009, January 15) Retrieved December 20, 2014, from http://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/apple-diversification-111275/
"Apple's Diversification" 15 January 2009. Web. 20 December. 2014. <http://www.academon.com/analytical-essay/apple-diversification-111275/>